What is Packsmith?
Packsmith equips cultural explorers with resources and packing lists specifically for the city traveler. Together with Tortuga, we aim to inspire adventurers to live, work, and travel on their terms.
Please begin by familiarizing yourself with Packsmith and the kinds of articles we publish. We are looking for authoritative and truly useful articles based on first hand knowledge.
Search the archive to be sure your topic has not already been covered. “How We Write” includes more details on our audience, form, and style.
What Do We Write About?
- Packing lists and resources for the urban traveler and cultural explorer
- Pieces that inform and equip people to work remotely, on their terms
- Thoughtful and thorough comparisons and buyers guides for all things travel
- Up to date and useful analysis of travel trends and news affecting our readers
What We’re Looking For
We are currently accepting submissions for articles between 1000-3000 words (longer feature articles by special commission) around the themes of:
Focused on urban adventures:
- South America
- Central America
- Southeast Asia
- North Africa
Gear & Clothing:
In general and also specific to the destinations above:
- Buyer’s Guides – super deep dive
- Gear, Clothing, or Component Comparisons
- Expert Advice
- How to Pack
- Minimalism & Capsule Wardrobes
- Tried & True
- New & Upcoming
Back to Basics
In general for travel and packing:
- How to Pack…
- Must Have Gear
- First Time Traveler Buyer’s Guide
- Remote Work
Please complete the submission form below. If your pitch is accepted, the Editor will contact you within one month. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Payment for published articles begins at $100 USD.