The essence of carry on only travel is packing light and never traveling with more than you truly need.
Of course, what you truly need varies greatly by trip and is determined by more than just your destination.
- Are you traveling in winter or summer?
- Are you attending business meetings, or are you off on an overland adventure that will take you off the beaten track?
- Do you have kids, or are you traveling solo?
- Are you going for a long weekend get away or a six month expedition?
The variables on the theme are what makes packing a continual challenge!
We’re here to help!
Here, you’ll find an ever evolving collection of packing lists to help you narrow your choices and hone your packing light skills.
We won’t tell you what to pack. We’ll show you what we packed for adventures ranging from weekend escapes to epic international adventures, never in more than a carry on, of course!
Carry On Basics
- The Definitive Packing List breaks down the basics for you, from paperwork, to toiletries to electronics and clothing; this is the list to start with
- How to Build a Travel Capsule Wardrobe teaches you to master the art of simplicity in your wardrobe and use it to your advantage
- The Minimalist Packing List for Normal People will help you take what you’ve learned and take it to the next level
To get new packing lists as they’re published enter your email below. You’ll get a printable carry on packing list sent to you immediately.
Carry On Packing Lists
Take the Class
Packing Lists by Climate
- How to Pack for a Cold Weather Trip
- How to Pack for Warm Weather Vacations
- How to Pack for Multiple Climates
- How to Stay Dry While Traveling
Packing Specialty Items
- Personal Item Packing List
- Traveling with Medicines & Medical Devices
- Packing Art Supplies: Digital & Analog
- Traveling with and Packing for Pets
- Tips for Flying with and Packing Instruments
- How to Pack Jewelry
- How to Pack Souvenirs
Packing Lists by Trip Type
- Study Abroad Packing List
- Long Haul Flight Packing List
- Attending a Wedding, Carry On Only
- Packing for the Peace Corps
- 6 Months, One Carry On, Your Long Haul Packing List
- Weekend Packing List for a Quick Escape
- Summer Music Festival Packing List
- Conference Packing List
- Wedding Travel: The Weekend Packing List
- Mardi Gras Alternatives & Packing List
- Student Travel: Carry On Your Adventures
- Digital Nomad Packing Tips
- Long Term Travel Packing List
- What to Pack for a Cruise
- Ski & Snowboard Packing List
Packing Lists by Destination
- 12 Days to China in the Tortuga Air
- Thailand Packing List
- Singapore Packing List
- Stopover Guide: Tokyo
- What to Pack for Bali & Travel Tips
- What to Pack for China
- 3 Weeks in London
- Packing Makeover: Pack Lighter for Greece & Turkey
- Europe: Winter Packing List
- Iceland: Summer Packing List
- What to Pack for Scandinavia
- Lisbon Packing List
- Cycling Sweden Packing List
- Venice Packing List
- Alaska Packing List
- San Francisco Packing List- Year Round
- USA Road Trip Packing List
- NYC Packing List
- East Bay Escape: Marin Headlands & Port Reyes
- Montana in the Fall Packing List
- Colorado Weekend Getaways: Expect the Unexpected
- Boston Packing List
- Eastern Canada Summer Packing List
- Summer Escapes USA: Tips for Last Minute Trips
- Hawaii Packing List
- Mexico Packing List
- Las Vegas Packing List
- What to Pack for Seattle
Grab & Go: Day Trips
- Travel Tips from a New York Local
- Las Vegas: The Complete Guide to the Strip
- Grab & Go: 10 Iconic Beaches in America
- Packing for Rome: Grab & Go Day Trip Adventures
Packing Lists for Women
- A Girl’s Guide to Packing Light Without Revamping her Wardrobe
- Choosing a Daypack & Packing Lists
- Quart Ziplock Bag Packing List
- Beauty Light: Travel Beauty Tips for Light Packers
- Have Faith, Will Travel: A Muslim Packing List
- What to Wear in Egypt
Packing Lists for Men
Packing Lists for Families
- The One Bag Rule: Packing for a Family in a Carry On
- How to Pack for Emergencies
- Traveling With a Baby: What to Pack
Don’t see the list you need? Get new packing lists as they’re published by entering your email below. You’ll get a printable carry on packing list sent to you immediately.